Lab on a chip Diagnostic Reagent Blisters
Innovative Reagent Storage Solutions for Point-of-Care Diagnostics
As diagnostic tests move closer to the point-of-care, reagent storage and delivery methods become a challenge. J-Pac Medical’s Lab on a chip reagent blisters allow reagents to be stored directly on the microfluidic cartridge, enabling the smaller footprint required by point-of-care diagnostic tests.
Blister technology from J-Pac Medical facilitates the development of in vitro diagnostic (IVD) consumables. J-Pac, a pioneer in reagent blister technology, is an expert in the design and manufacturing of reagent blisters. Some of the benefits of our reagent blisters include:
- On-Chip Storage: Diagnostic reagents are stored directly on the microfluidic cartridge
- Precise Reagent Dispensing: Only the microfluidic reagent volume required for the point-of-care test is stored
- Simple Diagnostic Blister Activation: Dispensing can be controlled by mechanical compression of the reagent blister or post-release metering within the microfluidic cartridge
- Prototype to Full-Scale Production: J-Pac offers both small and high-volume production solutions from the 100s to tens of millions.
- Air-Free: 100% blister fill technology for zero headspace microfluidic reagent blisters that minimizes air from entering microfluidic channels
- Low-Oxygen Reagents: Oxygen levels can be reduced to less than 2% using cutting edge vacuum filling technology
- DNA/RNA Free: Complete DNA/RNA mitigation to avoid false positives for sensitive molecular diagnostic tests. Class VII and Class VIII cleanroom assembly
- Turnkey Solution: Complete diagnostic consumable cartridge outsourcing including blister mounting, diagnostic cartridge contract manufacturing, and supply chain management
J-Pac is the industry leader in the design and manufacturing of diagnostic reagent blisters. Learn more about our products and services to help get your point-of-care diagnostic test to market.
Diagnostic Reagent Blisters Services
We offer reagent blister services from Lab on a chip reagent blister design and validation to automated reagent blister production and cartridge contract manufacturing.
Diagnostic Reagent Blisters Products
We produce multiple reagent blister sizes and shapes to meet your unique Lab on a chip reagents needs.
The Latest from the Diagnostic Reagent Blister Experts at J-Pac Medical
Helpful information and updates about Point-of-Care Diagnostic Reagent Blisters and Diagnostic Consumables.
Learn more about point of care reagent blisters by reading a few of the most common questions we hear from our customers.
What is your production capacity?
A roller slitter precision cuts plastic sheeting for further packaging operations.
J-Pac has three ranges of production capacity for lab-on-a chip reagents. Our lab can supply small volumes of less than 5,000 units. Our semi-automated production lines can produce up to 5 million units per year. Our automated lines can produce more than 30 million units per year.
What is the force required to actuate a blister?
Diagnostic Point of Care Consumable
Molecular diagnostic test card with reagent blisters mounted. One microfluidic card contains five custom sized blisters, including mineral oil, buffer, and lysis.
The force required to activate a microfluidic reagent blister is dependent on the actuation mechanism (e.g. lance, manual compression, etc). A general guideline is 30N +/- 15N.
Can we get blister samples?
Yes. J-Pac has developed off-the-shelf samples that are an affordable and timely solution for up-front development. J-Pac offers several types of samples for purchase.
Assembly & Packaging
When precision counts, J-Pac Medical is the right partner to manufacture, assemble, and package your sterile single-use medical devices.
Let’s Get Started.
A conversation with J-Pac is your first step to having a manufacturing partner you can count on.