Lab on a chip Diagnostic Reagent Blisters
Innovative Reagent Storage Solutions for Point-of-Care Diagnostics
As diagnostic tests move closer to the point-of-care, reagent storage and delivery methods become a challenge. J-Pac Medical’s Lab on a chip reagent blisters allow reagents to be stored directly on the microfluidic cartridge, enabling the smaller footprint required by point-of-care diagnostic tests.
Blister technology from J-Pac Medical facilitates the development of in vitro diagnostic (IVD) consumables. J-Pac, a pioneer in reagent blister technology, is an expert in the design and manufacturing of reagent blisters. Some of the benefits of our reagent blisters include:
- On-Chip Storage: Diagnostic reagents are stored directly on the microfluidic cartridge
- Precise Reagent Dispensing: Only the microfluidic reagent volume required for the point-of-care test is stored
- Simple Diagnostic Blister Activation: Dispensing can be controlled by mechanical compression of the reagent blister or post-release metering within the microfluidic cartridge
- Prototype to Full-Scale Production: J-Pac offers both small and high-volume production solutions from the 100s to tens of millions.
- Air-Free: 100% blister fill technology for zero headspace microfluidic reagent blisters that minimizes air from entering microfluidic channels
- Low-Oxygen Reagents: Oxygen levels can be reduced to less than 2% using cutting edge vacuum filling technology
- DNA/RNA Free: Complete DNA/RNA mitigation to avoid false positives for sensitive molecular diagnostic tests. Class VII and Class VIII cleanroom assembly
- Turnkey Solution: Complete diagnostic consumable cartridge outsourcing including blister mounting, diagnostic cartridge contract manufacturing, and supply chain management
Diagnostic Reagent Blisters Services
We offer reagent blister services from Lab on a chip reagent blister design and validation to automated reagent blister production and cartridge contract manufacturing.
Diagnostic Reagent Blisters Products
We produce multiple reagent blister sizes and shapes to meet your unique Lab on a chip reagents needs.
The Latest from the Diagnostic Reagent Blister Experts at J-Pac Medical
Helpful information and updates about Point-of-Care Diagnostic Reagent Blisters and Diagnostic Consumables.
Learn more about point of care reagent blisters by reading a few of the most common questions we hear from our customers.
What amount of fluid is recovered from the blister?
The amount of fluid recovered varies by the actuation and recovery method. A rule of thumb is 90% for common blister actuation methods.
Can we get blister samples?
Yes. J-Pac has developed off-the-shelf samples that are an affordable and timely solution for up-front development. J-Pac offers several types of samples for purchase.
What is the force required to actuate a blister?
The force required to activate a microfluidic reagent blister is dependent on the actuation mechanism (e.g. lance, manual compression, etc). A general guideline is 30N +/- 15N.
Assembly & Packaging
When precision counts, J-Pac Medical is the right partner to manufacture, assemble, and package your sterile single-use medical devices.
Let’s Get Started.
A conversation with J-Pac is your first step to having a manufacturing partner you can count on.